Responsive website design allows users to experience the website across multiple types of platforms. The principles of responsive web design in London are implemented by our team of web designers who ensure that your website will adapt according to the type of device on which it is viewed. Our team recommends responsive web design in London in order to make sure that our clients benefit from the possibility to have their website accessed under all conditions.
The recommendation is based on the fact an increasingly larger number of users report browsing from their mobile phones rather than their desktop (including for online shopping purposes), in the UK as well as around the world.
Table of Contents
What is responsive web design?
Responsive web design is, as the name suggests, responsive to the device from which the webpage is accessed. It is a key element when a client requests a mobile version for their website and it adapts to the type of device the individual who accesses the website may be using. This means that responsive web design in London takes into account multiple types of resolutions, such as those for an iPhone, an iPad, or an Android device.
As the types of devices and their resolutions change, so does responsive design. Our web design agency in London takes this into account for each project and proposes solutions for development that will respond to the user’s needs and behaviour across many types of platforms.
What are the main features of a responsive website?
Responsive web design in London is defined according to a number of key features. Below, we list only some basic ones, and clients who wish to know more about these can reach out to our team of web design specialists.
- Grids: the columns rearrange so as to fit the size of the screen (be it a desktop computer, a laptop, a table or a mobile phone, with their respective sizes);
- Visuals: the media files will not be larger that the size of the screen on which they are used; this is a principle that is often called the “flexible container” which resizes itself;
- Text: readability is taken into consideration and breakpoints are added if the text has too many characters; in most cases, the column will include 70 to 80 characters; our team takes this into account for responsive web design in London;
- Others: included here are the meta viewport tag (which provides instructions to the browser on how to control the scaling and dimensions) and setting other attributed on the viewport (the viewport is the area of the window in which the content is displayed).
If you are based in the southern part of the city, our team can help you with solutions for web design in South London.
Can I make my website responsive?
Yes, any website can be converted from non-responsive to responsive. Working with a web design agency in London, such as our experts, is advisable in this case. Some of the key steps our team will follow include working on the viewport, adding media queries, resizing the browser (adjusting elements according to the size that needs to fit), inserting the needed codes so that the menus will have a drop-down version for mobile browsing and others.
Our team knows that converting the website for responsiveness is a process that needs to take into account the unique layout and sizes for each device. This means that our experts will plan the layout for each of the targeted devices on which the website will be visited.
Our team that handles responsive web design in London usually starts by defining the breakpoints and adding responsive meta tags. They also focus on improving navigation and making the media flexible (one of the most important aspects).
According to the Office for National Statistics, e-commerce sales rose in 2019. At the same time, the number of smartphone users is also growing. Some of the data reveal the following:
- 87% of adults owned smartphones in the UK in 2020;
- in January 2021, internet sales represented 36.3% of the total retail sales;
- during the first quarter of 2021, 54.8% of the global website traffic was generated by mobile devices (not including tablets).
How can our team help you with responsive web design in London?
Do you wish to adapt your website for mobile device browsing? Or do you wish to create a brand-new website that will observe these principles from the very beginning. Our designers are ready to find solutions for your website and will prepare it for the different types of interactions. Because one size does not fit all, we will pay attention to how the user experience differs from one device to another. We can help you with responsive web design in London.
Our team can help you with tailored web design services so that the transition from desktop to tablet or mobile device is seamless. Contact our web design company in London to find out more about our services.